This week I decided I want to make a visual Turn Table, just like the one that I have for vinyl records for so many years. I thought It can be nice to have this kind of object that produce moving composition. I do imagine it bigger, where the shapes becomes bigger than the human body. but for now I made a small humble and jaggy sketch.
Working with the servo motor was really hard, at first I didn't remember that its not doing 360 degree, it can only do 180, because the continuous ones were kind of expensive for this first experiment I thought that I should something more humble and more intractable (if there are such a word).
I wanted my turn table to have these function:
- on/off (toggle) button to start the first plate moving
- potentiometer controlling the second plate
- push sensor controlling the third plate.
1/ First Part was to test my theory, is it interesting? the answer was no, but I felt like it is because the size of the shapes. I made something very small, I thought the surfaces should be bigger in order to get an impact and use these transparencies layering.
2/ I wanted to create a toggle button
at first I managed to write the reading of the on/off but I didn't know where to put the actual code to activate it, at least I understood that I need to give it another command: if (state == HIGH)...
3/ using the potentiometer was easy to write since we did it in class, but since I wrote it in a different code, I forgot that have to call my second servo - my servo2. for a long time I couldn't understand why all the motors are going crazy, that thought me a great lesson.
4/ the last one was to use my force/push sensor, like everything else, it wasn't working, it took me awhile to understand that I wasn't writing one word with capitals the way I declare it at first. another frustrating step that hopefully I would never go through again. probably gonna happen along time, but I really found myself lost for an hour...
final code + breadboard documentation:
I am very excited that I managed to put them together in one code, that wasn't easy, I still get a lot of noise from the sensor, hopefully I will learn better how to use mills, I red about it, but it was super complicated to understand fully. my next step is to make the box with the spaces, I will bring this tmw to class.
here is the FINAL: